I’ve gotten a lot of questions about my makeup in these pictures so I thought I’d be a generous sister and share my tricks for how to create this look and which products I’ve used. To be honest I’m not very versatile and experimental when it comes to makeup. I love trying new products but I don’t switch up my look very often. Some days I wear less makeup, some days nothing at all and on more formal occasions I might step up my game further but for these pictures, I did my favorite everyday makeup look. Regardless of how little or much products I’m using, my goal is always to create a natural look with a healthy glow. I’m not a fan of foundation. It removes the natural shadows in the face, making it look very flat and dull. When using foundation you have to contour afterward to get your features back and on most days, ain’t nobody got time for that. I like to use makeup to enhance my features, not to cover up or change anything.
Most of the products that I use are quite expensive but in regards to makeup, I’m more for quality over quantity. I don’t need hundreds of different products since I don’t do different looks very often and I will honestly say that all my expensive cosmetics have lasted form 6-12 months even if I used them often. It’s important for me that the products I put on my skin are as natural and skin friendly as possible. For eyes and lips, I can be less picky since my skin on those areas isn’t as sensitive and reactive. I have put together a list of the product I used for this exact look and how I used them. You’re welcome.
1. Under Eye Brightening Corrector- Becca Cosmetics: I use this to cover any darkness under my eyes. It’s not a concealer, more like magic in a jar. It has a light pink shade that just erases every little hint of dark circles and a little goes a loooong way. I just lightly dab it under my eyes and watch all signs of sleep deprivation fade away. Get it HERE.
2. Phyto-Cernes Eclat Concealer- Sisley: I use this both under my eyes and wherever I need to cover something. I dab a tiny amount on the sides on my nose or over any uninvited zit etc. Instead of using foundation to cover the whole face, I cover only what needs to be covered and let the rest of my skin breathe. I really don’t have perfect skin but one thing I’ve learned is that manically cover up every little pore on your face won’t make it will look better, neither immediately nor long term. This one is made with natural and skin friendly ingredients. It is expensive as fuck but if there is one product you should invest in it’s the product you put on your skin and potential problem areas. Get it HERE.
3. Cream Blush, Blossoming– Kjær Weis: I am a total blush addict. A good blush really lifts the whole face and gives it some warmth and life. It’s important to find a shade that is ideal for your skin color. This one is a perfect shade for me, both in winter when I’m pale as a ghost and in summer when I have a tan. It’s organic and made with natural ingredients which is a big plus. It’s a cream blush but I apply it with a brush because I find that gives a more even and natural result. Get it HERE.
4. Creamy Touch Highlighter, #707– Nilens Jord: This product is my holy grail. I can’t even describe how amazing this highlighter is. I’m very picky when it comes to highlighters because I always want a natural glow and I can’t stand when it looks sparkly or metallic. This one is also organic and very gentle on the skin and it’s not pricey at all. I love that it’s in form of a stick because it’s so easy to use. I put it on my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose, on the tip of my chin, under my eyebrows and on the cupid’s bow. Rule of thumb is to put highlighter on all the features you want to enhance. Get it HERE.
5. Eye Shadow, Wisdom- Kjær Weis: This is an earthy, natural brown with a hint of shimmer but not at all sparkly. It enhances the color of blue eyes and creates a nice dimension without stealing the show from my baby blues. This one is also organic and made with natural ingredients. I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush and apply it in the crease of the lid and fade it out over the whole eyelid. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Get it HERE.
6. Inliner, Sand– Idun Minerals: I apply this on the waterline of my eyes to make them pop. Most inliners are bright white and I think that looks too aggressive but this one has a nude beige tone which looks much more natural. It’s made with gentle ingredients and colored with minerals. Get it HERE.
7. Eye Brow Fibers, #02 Ash– Babor: I am a huge fan of eyebrow gel because you don’t need to be a pro to use it. I love this one because its colored and contains fibers so it puts the brows in place, gives them some color and makes them look fuller. It’s made with gentle ingredients and despite it being a tiny tube, it has lasted me a whole year. Get it HERE.
8. Vertige Longueur Mascara- Yves Rocher: This is the mascara I used for this look but I will honestly say it’s not very good. It’s difficult to apply without getting huge clumps and you have to scrape of basically all product from the brush before applying. I had heard so many praising reviews about it before purchasing but I’m gonna save you the trouble and advice you not to buy this one. If you want a really good mascara, check out THIS ONE from Fiberwig that I wrote about in a previous post. Another favorite of mine is Terrybly Mascara from By Terry in the shade Mocca Brown. I prefer to use a dark brown mascara for daytime since my look is very natural. I find it just looks more harmonious and not as harsh as a black mascara. I also always strive for length before volume, I honestly don’t care about voluminous lashes I just want them to be as long as possible.
9. Rouge Allure Ink, #140 Amoureux– Chanel: This is my guilty pleasure: Lip products from high-end brands. There is something so satisfying in applying luxury to your lips and just the sight of a beautiful packaging makes me excited about it. Lip products are actually something I’d like to experiment more with and I’d love to have a collection of colors to chose from. However, this is probably the only lip product that I have fallen so hard for that I will repurchase once it’s empty. It’s really the perfect color for my face. Just as with blush, it’s important to find a color that really fits you. It’s fun to experiment with new colors but personally, I like to wear a lip color that is just right and creates harmony in my face. I also love this one because it’s matte and the color stays put all day through breakfast, lunch and dinner, and makeout sessions in between. As all matte lip colors, it can make the lips a bit dry but not nearly as much as other similar products on the market do. I usually prep with some lip balm before applying. Get it HERE.
(post contains adlinks)
I hope you enjoyed this post, I certainly enjoyed making it. Please leave a comment and let me know if you would like to read more post like this in the future. Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any favorites of your own?
Lots of love,